Kolor just announced a new release candidate for the image stitching software Autopano Pro / Autopano Giga. This new version brings improvements to the Autopano engine but also better supports the stitching of videos of big panoramas in association with our video stitching software Autopano Video. This version introduces a new plugin for NCTech iStar camera. Read all the details below. This update is free for all Autopano users.
Comments and change log
This new release candidate introduces Autopano Engine v3.6.
NCTech iStar plugin
We introduced in this engine a new plugin to be able to quickly stitch images produced by the NCTech iStar camera. This high end camera is mainly used for photogrametry and forensic. With this plugin, you can have a fully automatic workflow with this camera. It supports batch stitching, as well as bracketing.
You first need to develop iStar Raw format with software provided with the camera and then, you can use this plugin to get a nearly perfect stitch in any case.
- With video stitching, it can happen that the maximum size of panorama is nearly 4K, but not really 4K just because of some pixels. Many users expressed the need to be able to render a bit over the maximum size allowed by the input source files. We unlocked that limit to be able to do so.
- For VFX industry, it is really important to have a real 32bits workflow. We had that already but not for the EXR format which was 16bits float (commonly named half-float) and not 32bits float. We rewrote the EXR file format support to allow true 32bits export. We used that revamp to add support of the latest compression algorithms allowed by EXR. They can all be used now in the software.
- Several fixes have been done, like the .pano file extension association on Linux.
- For Linux, we now support CentOS.
Fixes since 3.5.1:
- 0003470: [Neurone ( optimisation )] Crash during geometric analysis and multiple viewpoint
- 0003461: [Shell Integration] Mac integration, application name is wrong
- 0002930: [Import plugins] iStar import plugin feature list
- 0003276: [Neurone ( optimisation )] Multiple viewpoint Workflow
- 0003481: [Cortex ( rendu )] Max render size, can we upscale ?
- 0003462: [Shell Integration] Linux, .pano association with the application
- 0003455: [Qt] Integration qt 4.8.6
- 0003495: [Image I/O] EXR 32 bits + choice of compression
- 0003161: [Neurone ( optimisation )] Make offsets in optimizer independent of offsets detected by circle detection
- 0003362: [Cortex ( rendu )] Visual artifacts and slow editor for some disto values in fisheye & standard