Here’s a third public beta of Autopano Pro and Autopano Giga 3.5 panorama software, which brings bug fixes and enhances the support of Papywizard and VrDrive2.
Our main goal is to make Autopano work better out of the box, on more cases than before.
If you are a version 3.x user, you can use your registration code in Autopano Pro/Giga 3.5 to unlock the demo mode. Following Kolor Update Policy, 3.5 update will be free for all version 3.x users.
If you’re using Livepano in Panotour Pro 2, you need to keep using version 3.0.x of Autopano Pro / Autopano Giga. You may however try version 3.5 as it will install besides version 3.0.x.
Video preview: Autopano Pro / Autopano Giga 3.5
[iframe width="615" height="376" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/37dJyfUkYmo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen]
Comments and change log
This is probably the last beta release for the new Autopano Engine. Except some icons, the engine is ready for an RC version before the final release.
Papywizard / VRDrive2 new engine
With the old XML import for Papywizard, we could still have some issues coming from differents causes, but also because we introduced the new optimizer in v3.5 series. But now, we have:
- Depending on the robotized head you were using, we found out that the XML recorded and the ground trust was a bit different for the pitch value. If we respect the pitch value of orphan images, it is not enough to have a regular grid. We found a new algorithm to have a perfect grid while trying to respect the XML value. The results are better this way and globally, the orphan images management is just really better.
- Gigapixels are often done using robotized heads. The issue with such giant images is the fact that you have a lot of blue images and sometimes, our detector is too good and finds between these images some links which happen to be dust on the lens ( Yes, we can detect that ). When using papywizard import, we are now more resilient to dust and it should not happen anymore.
- Both Papywizard and VRDrive2 benefit from the new advances in the import wizard. Of course, the new optimizer also helps a lot to get better results as the optic parameters are calculated better too.
Fixes and improvements
Some crash reports were received and corrected. We didn’t receive many of them for the moment, so this is a good point for the global stability of the software.
- The control point editor is always a bit scary for people, so we put everything advanced in an advanced mode and what you can use safely was left always visible.
- When exporting layers in PSB mode, a crash could occur
- If you use realtime preview in Autopano while using Autopano Video, a crash could occur
The global stability is satisfying, so the next version should be the release candidate.
Fixes since 3.5.0 beta2:
- 0003308: [Crash Dump] open lens plugin
- 0003242: [Editor] Local geometrical analysis changes rms
- 0003271: [Import plugins] Papywizard XML export
- 0003268: [Import plugins] Papywizard plugin support
- 0003266: [Crash Dump] gpu create program failed
- 0003243: [Shell Integration] download manager on mac issue
- 0003256: [Crash Dump] crash on isokic free
- 0003225: [Crash Dump] crash in UnknownsGroups::transfer_all_scope_to_p()
- 0003259: [Crash Dump] rendering empty pano
- 0003258: [Crash Dump] crash on create preview in rendering
- 0003249: [Neurone ( optimisation )] Crash when stitching multiple lens type pano
- 0003236: [Shell Integration] Old .Pano export should patch rendering mode