Here’s a second public beta of Autopano Pro and Autopano Giga 3.5 panorama software, which mainly focuses on the quality of the stitching.
Our main goal is to make Autopano work better out of the box, on more cases than before.
If you are a version 3.x user, you can use your registration code in Autopano Pro/Giga 3.5 to unlock the demo mode. Following Kolor Update Policy, 3.5 update will be free for all version 3.x users.
If you’re using Livepano in Panotour Pro 2, you need to keep using version 3.0.x of Autopano Pro / Autopano Giga. You may however try version 3.5 as it will install besides version 3.0.x.
Video preview: Autopano Pro / Autopano Giga 3.5
[iframe width="615" height="376" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/37dJyfUkYmo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen]
Comments and change log
This is the second beta release of the new 3.5 Autopano Engine. The focus is on stability everywhere and several fixes have already been integrated into this new version.
- The main issue solved is the crash when having quick preview activated while refreshing the window, for example when working together with AVP.
- The new rendering mode, ISO cutting, wasn’t available when doing any fusion work. Now, it works and it allows you to have a good visual feedback when doing antighost even with a lot of parallax on HDR cases.
- As we changed the file format, when opening an old .pano file, it is automatically converted, but the user wasn’t informed of that conversion. The dirty flag reflects this conversion now.
- On Windows 8.1, there can be some harmless issues when installing the software. It doesn’t prevent you at all from using it, but it can be annoying during installation. The documentation reflects this issue.
We are still investigating how to improve the support of Gigapan, Papywizard and VRDrive2 plugins. With the new optimizer, we can do better and this work is being done right now. Expect it to be in the next beta.
We still hope that the global stability is satisfying which should lead to a short beta stage. According to the number of crash reports we got, it really seems to be the case.
Fixes since 3.5.0 beta1:
- 0003182: [Crash Dump] crash in rendering lock kic
- 0003196: [Import plugins] New engine and papywizard import
- 0002822: [Doc] Installer error on win 8.1 (shell integration)
- 0003172: [Neurone ( optimisation )] Progress bar can exceed 100% during optimization
- 0003185: [Neurone ( optimisation )] Completely disabling focal estimation with standard lenses
- 0003186: [UI behavior] dirty flags with old file format
- 0003192: [Crash Dump] crash on reload with quick preview activated
- 0003195: [Cortex ( rendu )] ISO cutting and fusion
- 0003197: [Crash Dump] crash on empty quick preview