The Kolor team has just released an update for Autopano Pro and Autopano Giga panorama software. This update is free for all users of version 3 and does not require a new registration key. This version mainly enhances the use of the computer’s graphics card and brings bug fixes (read the change log below).
The change log
Today, we are launching a new fix release that mainly improves the GPU (graphics card) usage.
We moved the GPU texture option to prevent confusion. GPU (and texture quality) is used for the panorama preview but does not change the final rendering quality.
We added a compression parameter: it is disabled by default because it creates visual artifacts in the preview (and only in the preview) but it can be useful for users that don’t have enough GPU memory. Memory usage can be divided per 2, but CPU is used to compress textures. We advise you not to activate this if your panorama editor already runs well with the GPU.
We also enhanced the GPU processing to consume less memory and to better the reactivity.
Detection of the latest version of Adobe Bridge.
GPS heading support
Computing and transmission of the orientation of the panorama center when GPS information is available in the EXIF data.
Fixes since 3.0.6:
- 0002159: [Image I/O] Heading metadata
- 0002119: [Import plugins] Bridge CC support
- 0001750: [Editor] Crash when too many panos are created
- 0002163: [GPU] Rename ‘Texture quality’ option
- 0000039: [Performance] GPU mode uses more memory than CPU mode
- 0002167: [GPU] Add S3TC texture compression option
- 0002177: [Editor] Fix gpu preview for fisheye pano when k3 != 0