The Kolor team has just released an update for Autopano Pro and Autopano Giga panorama software. This update is free for all users of version 3 and does not require a new registration key. This version enhances the use of the computer’s graphics card and brings bug fixes (read the change log below).
The change log
Today, we are launching a new fix release for the latest issues reported by our users. It also contains some improvements.
GPU texture size
We added a new option in the general settings to be able to use a reduced texture size while editing a panorama. It betters the experience while using the GPU in the case it hasn’t much RAM. Nowadays, cameras produce huge pictures and the GPUs don’t always accept the full size because it requests a lot of GPU RAM. This option is here to help you work with GPU on smaller configurations.
Helpers in the mask tool
The mask tool is a great tool but some helpers were needed to be able to improve the usability. So we added several new menus to be able to erase quickly the quick mark, some contextual menu too, etc.
Fixes in several software parts
- With some large renderings ( gigapixels ) on smaller configurations, a crash during the rendering stage could occur. This issue has been solved with the help of a user who tested our fix before integrating it to this build. Thanks to him.
- In the VRDrive2 import plugin, the focal length calculation and distortion were not handled well. This has been fixed.
- Some fixes in the Clauss import plugin.
- Added Portuguese translation that was missing in the previous 3.0.5 version.
- Several crash dumps have been analyzed and ended in fixes in different software parts.
Trial mode changes
We released Autopano Video some time ago and it appears that to be able to try it well, Autopano Pro or Giga were needed to level the horizon. But Autopano Pro / Giga in trial mode don’t allow to save the project file (.pano) so you couldn’t level the horizon of a video if you just used Autopano Pro/Giga and Autopano Video both in trial mode.
We decided to change that so you can save the project file even in trial mode. This saving is limited in trial mode but the project file (.pano) can be read back in Autopano Video, so that you can produce a leveled but watermarked video by using both software applications in trial mode.
In trial mode, we also changed the way the watermarking is done, by adding the sign everywhere in the final rendering. It doesn’t change anything as you can still use the software with full features in trial mode.
With the knowledge we now have after developing Autopano Video, we can use the GPU in a better way in Autopano Pro/Giga too.
So we are pretty confident to release a 3.0.7 version quite soon with an updated GPU engine that will work really faster than in previous versions.
In 3.0.7, we’ll also cope with external software support, like Bridge CC support.
Fixes since 3.0.5:
- 0001857: [UI behavior] lock current picture in mask mode
- 0001968: [GPU] add an option to reduce texture size
- 0002008: [Cortex ( rendu )] Error in pieces computation when testing very large radius
- 0001745: [Crash Dump] LockLine failing
- 0001807: [Performance] Internal log management
- 0001897: [Cortex ( rendu )] [MAOSX/Linux] Crash when rendering pano
- 0001833: [Import plugins] VRDrive2 import : Focal calculation and distortion calculation are set differently
- 0001965: [Cortex ( rendu )] Wrong rendering size when AutoCrop and AutoRender are enabled (GPU mode only)
- 0001904: [Crash Dump] Crash when image cannot be loaded at rendering time
- 0001824: [Editor] optim_ransac_model value might be stored in Pano
- 0001831: [Import plugins] Clauss import
- 0001842: [Editor] Hangs when changing row count in gigapan importer
- 0001877: [Editor] after using vertical line, transformation stays
- 0001719: [Crash Dump] enlarge piece
- 0001836: [UI behavior] add cancel on rendering warning
- 0001837: [translation] Translation PT
- 0001849: [Editor] Lens distortion is disabled when using gigapixels preset, even if checked
- 0001862: [Editor] Add fov information to render output window
- 0001848: [Editor] Add blending settings to render dialog box
- 0001853: [Editor] Small window height, dialog box solution
- 0001717: [Crash Dump] Crash in Chrono::Start/Stop