Kolor 360° video solutions | Kolor launches Pro version of its video stitching software Autopano video
The team of Kolor is proud to release today a first beta version of Autopano Video Pro, the new 360° video stitching software!
Autopano Video Pro lets you assemble several videos into a single one covering up to 360 x 180 degrees. The user interface is designed to ease your workflow: drag and drop your source videos, choose a stitching template (including GoPro template) or launch a detection from scratch, use Autopano Pro or Giga to adjust your reference panoramas and click on Render.
What is the difference between Autopano Video and Autopano Video Pro?
Autopano Video Pro uses GPU processing for faster rendering times. If you have time constraint you can use GPU rendering which is on average 10x faster than CPU rendering, depending on your configuration. Compatible with all graphics cards.
How fast is Autopano Video Pro GPU rendering?
Watch the video: My first 360° video with Autopano Video
-[iframe width="615" height="376" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oggjzsQsjF4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen]
This is the third beta version of Autopano Video, a generic video stitcher.
Autopano Video / Autopano Video Pro is the easiest way to stitch and create 360-degree immersive videos
Offer an incredible new experience to your clients or friends. Autopano Video is the new video-stitching software application developed by Kolor. It lets you assemble several videos into a single one covering up to 360 x 180 degrees. The user interface is designed to ease your workflow: drag and drop your source videos, choose a stitching template (including GoPro template) or launch a detection from scratch, use Autopano Pro or Giga to adjust your reference panoramas and click on Render.
We had 3 main goals when making these products
Quality first : The world’s best image-stitching technology is behind Autopano Video. Quality workflow, quality results. No limitation : We were always determined to bring you cross-platform support as well as cross-hardware support. And that, without any limit in the number of video stream sources nor in the output size. Affordable, accessible : Both in terms of usage and price, Autopano Video gives nearly everyone the chance to create amazing 360° videos.
Using Autopano Video during the beta stage
We want you to test it, fully, without any limit, even without watermark, for free. So we decided to let you use the full software for free until the end of June 2013 (with standard version only). Get a temporary license for free and remove to remove the watermark: http://www.kolor.com/360-video/autopano-video-360-video-stitcher.html.
We believe in our community and in our customers that have been supporting us since a long time now. The quality of a software application doesn’t only come from the quality of the developer ( come on, still a bit ), but from the quality of the communication between you and us.
For this piece of software too, we’ve opened a dedicated forum to let you discuss with us about the product. It is always at the same location: http://www.kolor.com/forum/. Go there to find support, report bugs, post results, etc.
Roadmap to the release
We expect that you’ll find bugs, for sure. And we already have some bugs opened in our database. Here’s a short list of what is still under work here.
- QuickTime codec support with Mac version in 64bits. We support QuickTime Codec in 32bits but not yet in 64bits.
- Mac version can be really slow when having source viewers activated. We advise you to enable them only if needed (untick the boxes “Seek on timeline update”).
- Render dialog box UI. We are not totally satisfied with the current layout. If you don’t understand how to use it, we’ll make some changes there.
- Autopano Video Pro only: GPU rendering is working great and super fast on Windows but not on Mac where graphics drivers are complicated to handle well.
Changelog compared to beta 2:
- 0002079: [UI] Error message when using nadir patching method
- 0002071: [I/O] Little planet aspect ratio lost
- 0002060: [Algorithms] GPU rendering, a green first frame can happen
- 0002065: [UI] Reference pano thumbnails
- 0002077: [Algorithms] Nadir patching in Gpu mode
- 0002058: [UI] Syncro crash when no audio track in the videos
- 0002061: [UI] Empty error dialogbox pops up at the end of a render