As a reminder: anyone can try Autopano 3.0 in the demo mode, and users having a legitimate registration key of version 2 can use it in this RC version of Autopano 3.0, that expires at the end of December.
This is release candidate version of Autopano Engine v3 and hopefully the only one. So one version before final release.
Since beta 3, we are using the newly created crash report to fix and improve memory use for the application. We found some memory leak and some issues that will improve globally the engine.
Using during beta stage
We believe in our community and in our customers that have been supporting us for a long year on this version. The quality of a software application doesn’t come only from the quality of the developer ( come on, still a bit ), but from the quality of the communication between you and us. So for the v3, we decided to do the following:
- You can try all alpha, beta of Autopano Pro/Giga for free during the pre-release stage of the products. You can even remove the watermark as soon as you have a legitimate v2 key.
- All betas are limited in time. This Release Candidate version will expire end of December.
With this approach, you can already start to use v3 in production work ( at your own risk, of course ). I hope that you will enjoy the v3 and report a lot of feedback on our forum about it.
Roadmap to the release
We are now in RC stage, so this mean bug only correction. We are still aiming a final version for end November.
- 0001582: [Image I/O] Rendering in .psd with incremental suffix doesn’t work
- 0001579: [Image I/O] Bridge 2.6 and 3.0 compatibility
- 0001553: [Cortex ( rendu )] Linux crash at render startup
- 0001563: [Import plugins] Aperture, Lightroom, Bridge plugins to call autopano v3
- 0001414: [Shell Integration] Sign application for mountain lion
- 0001578: [Editor] Crash on close – MacOSX
- 0001576: [Editor] Local geometry analysis is not local anymore
- 0001570: [Editor] Quick preview is done in 2 steps : reverted because not compatible with move mode