As a reminder: anyone can try Autopano 3.0 in the demo mode, and users having a legitimate registration key of version 2 can use it in the beta versions of Autopano 3.0.
This is the third beta version of Autopano Engine v3. We are in the stage where we don’t add new features, we only corrects bugs.
Crash report system
To help us to stabilize more this software ( it is stable enough ok, don’t make me say what I didn’ ). So, to help us in some strange bug report, we introduce in this version a real crash report engine that is cross-platform. So if you have reproductible crashes, this report can be send to us for analysis. It will allow us to find the real reason behind the crash. In the next few month, this report system will be introduced in all our softwares.
- We spent a lot of time on one complicated linux bug : it has been found and will improve PSB file support on that platform ( needed only for gigapixel ).
- Camera and lens database has been upgrade to support all latest cameras : Nikon D600, Canon 6D, etc.
- Windows : this version is the first version that is signed, so you won’t get anymore warning issue when installing under Windows 8. The work will be done on Mac too, but not finished.
- Integration of all our communication channels under ‘F1′, help shortcut. So please, hit F1, just once to see it. Nice, no ?
- After optimization, the layout of the panorama could switch back to default one scrambling the adjustement you did to make it straight. It should now be better in this area.
- Support of image offsets were added in file format that supports it. This is cool but really only for image geek. What does that means ? If you export the panorama and reprojected images in rendering, the size of images which are part of the panorama is not the same as the panorama. In the individual images, you now have an exif tag that says the offsets X, Y of this image to the zero of the panorama. This is quite nice to post-process individual images after autopano.
- GPU support cleaning. We are quite happy now with the latest shader code as it supports several hardware and driver versions.
- Some other minor fixes.
Using during beta stage
We believe in our community and in our customers that have been supporting us for a long year on this version. The quality of a software application doesn’t come only from the quality of the developer ( come on, still a bit ), but from the quality of the communication between you and us. So for the v3, we decided to do the following:
- You can try all alpha, beta of Autopano Pro/Giga for free during the pre-release stage of the products. You can even remove the watermark as soon as you have a legitimate v2 key.
- All betas are limited in time. This beta 3 version will expire end of November.
With this approach, you can already start to use v3 in production work ( at your own risk, of course ). I hope that you will enjoy the v3 and report a lot of feedback on our forum about it.
Roadmap to the release
We are still in beta stage, so this mean bug only correction. We are aiming a final version for end November.
- 0001570: [Editor] Quick preview is done in 2 steps
- 0001527: [Shell Integration] Sign under Windows 8
- 0001569: [UI behavior] unregistered drag and drop
- 0001566: [Editor] External stack processing does not work well with Enfuse
- 0001499: [Image I/O] [Linux] Photoshop PSB files not compatible to PS
- 0001532: [Cortex ( rendu )] linux rendering rgb channel issue
- 0001560: [UI behavior] Antighost error message to change
- 0001539: [UI behavior] Clean UIHelp / social network integration
- 0001556: [Unclassified] Integration cameras.txt / lensid
- 0001559: [Editor] Editor settings : focal truncated from lower integer value
- 0001538: [Qt] Qt 4.8.3 (ygilquin)
- 0001497: [Image I/O] VRDrive 2 focal source
- 0001548: [Cortex ( rendu )] GPU test failed on latest nvidia driver
- 0001552: [Editor] Add a progress bar when dropping image in an existing group
- 0001550: [Editor] After optimization, the layout of the panorama is not the same
- 0001547: [Editor] Render to embedded layers issues
- 0001549: [Cortex ( rendu )] wrong antighost capabilities
- 0001535: [Cortex ( rendu )] Offsets supports everywhere