Try the new features of Autopano’s next version: The first beta of Autopano Pro and Autopano Giga 2.6 is here!
This free update brings improvements and new features. Discover them in the videos and the change log below.
The main new features:
- integration of Autopano Giga into third-party software (Adobe Lightroom 3.x, Adobe Bridge CS3, 4, 5 and 5.1, Apple Aperture 3, Google Picasa 3) — Autopano Giga only;
- new generation of Neurone, the optimization engine of Autopano: it is now 3 to 10 times faster on fisheye images and offers an improved lens model;
- better support for multi focal lengths with a priority given to the long focal lengths to keep all their pixels (learn more);
- better color homogenization (learn more).
Video: the integration of Autopano Giga in Lightroom, Bridge, Aperture and Picasa
Video: the fisheye optimization in Autopano Pro and Autopano Giga 2.6
Video: the new correction of lens distorsions in Autopano Pro et Autopano Giga 2.6
The changelog: the new features and fixes in detail
APG only: NEW : Integration into external software:
- The idea is that you keep your own workflow with Raw development from your standard tools, select Autopano Giga as an external tool and the raw development process will be done so that in Autopano Giga, you have the right files ( TIFF 16 bits ).
- Support for Adobe Lightroom 3.*
- Support for Adobe Bridge CS3, 4, 5, 5.1 ( Work in progress, Raw are not developed yet )
- Support for Apple Aperture 3
- Support for Google Picassa 3 ( no raw development, the raw is directly sent to Autopano Giga ).
NEW: New generation of Neurone ( optimizer engine ) with a lot of improvement or new features :
- Speed of fisheye stitching : at least 300% speedup, but it can be 10x too on big project.
- On standard lens, support for 2nd and 3rd order distortion.
- On standard lens, support for offset between lens and sensor.
- Warning : as the lens model has improved, opening a 2.6 autopano .pano file under an old version won’t give nice results.
NEW: Rendering engine blending improvement and new features :
- Priority support for several focal length : the longest focal length lens has priority over pixels coming from short focal length lens.
- The multiband stage has been improved ( pyramid levels adjusted ) resulting in a better color uniformization over the whole area.
NEW: Layer editor : column hide / show push button to display just the column you want.
NEW: Reset button on fisheye circular crop zone editor.
IMPROVED: Apple Mac installer with a better user interface.
IMPROVED: Linux editor speedup. Linux user should expect a better user experience with faster edtior.
And a lot of fixes.
- 0000780: [Image I/O] ICC profil tiff lost – resolved.
- 0000767: [Import plugins] Haze map display doesn’t work on some computer – resolved.
- 0000781: [Cortex ( rendu )] Crash when using Linear rendering without cut – resolved.
- 0000763: [Performance] Linux performance issue – resolved.
- 0000771: [UI behavior] save overwriting option – resolved.
- 0000612: [UI behavior] Standard shortcut checking – resolved.
- 0000720: [UI behavior] New keyboard shortcuts – resolved.
- 0000684: [Synapse ( detection )] Detection error with partial stacked footage – resolved.
- 0000762: [Image I/O] Nouvelle libraries GFL – resolved.
- 0000722: [Cortex ( rendu )] Shorter name when using template %i..%j – resolved.
- 0000690: [UI behavior] UI improvement of the crop editor – resolved.
- 0000753: [Neurone ( optimisation )] Circular crop on different resolution of pictures – resolved.
- 0000743: [Neurone ( optimisation )] Papywizard optimization issue – resolved.
- 0000746: [UI behavior] Ransac model not displayed by default in combo box – resolved.
- 0000680: [Synapse ( detection )] Project template and haze – resolved.
- 0000071: [Cortex ( rendu )] Cortex : Multifocal panorama rendering which priority on longest focal first – resolved.
- 0000719: [Cortex ( rendu )] Disabled image should be rendered – resolved.
- 0000416: [Image I/O] Warning message on greyscale images – resolved.
- 0000639: [Shell Integration] Lightroom integration – resolved.
- 0000640: [Shell Integration] Aperture integration – resolved.
- 0000641: [Shell Integration] Bridge integration – resolved.
- 0000723: [UI behavior] color button update – resolved.
- 0000655: [Editor] RMS filter on link doesn’t filter the selection : you can select hidden links – resolved.
- 0000570: [Shell Integration] Pano load failed – resolved.
- 0000721: [Cortex ( rendu )] Panorama in PSD doesn’t includes exif / iptc anymore – resolved.
- 0000682: [Shell Integration] MAC installer integration – resolved.
- 0000539: [Synapse ( detection )] short focal length rectilinear lens – resolved.
- 0000642: [Shell Integration] Picassa integration – resolved.
- 0000689: [UI behavior] UI light grey : help is black on black – resolved.
- 0000388: [Performance] Optimisation jacobian on fisheye – resolved.
- 0000637: [Neurone ( optimisation )] Advanced lens distortion – resolved.
- 0000669: [Shell Integration] Crash at quit – resolved.
- 0000683: [Cortex ( rendu )] Crash on render (assert) – closed.
- 0000764: [Cortex ( rendu )] Exposure fusion preview versus rendering – closed.
- 0000696: [Cortex ( rendu )] Laplacian issue on the renderer – closed.
- 0000437: [Editor] Strange focal length display on layer editor – closed.
- 0000517: [Editor] Linux – Sometimes during moving pano, application freezes – closed.