During the second meeting of Autopano Pro users, Kolor announced the new features and enhancements that will be implemented in Autopano 2.0. This major update will be released in December 2008.
Note about our update policy: if you buy Autopano Pro now or if you bought it at most one year before the release of Autopano Pro 2.0, you will be able to download the new version free of charge when it will be released in December. If you bought it more than one year before Autopano Pro 2.0 release, you will be able to acquire the new version at a special price.
So, here will be the main features of our Autopano 2.0 software range:
- Plugins architecture engine (input, output, import,…) that will enable to update some functions without having to install again the whole program
- Full multi-core detection, to make Autopano even faster
- GPU processing at every level, that will enable real-time visualization in the panorama editor, at full resolution
- Better planar mode and integration of new projections (mercator projection for example)
- New HDR engine, to perform HDR stitching efficiently
- New layout for the settings, to separate the software settings and the panorama settings
- Stacks: to group together bracketed images to handle them cleverly for detection
- Ability to create templates for the detection
- Improved bracketing detection and stitching
- Direct support of motorized panoramic heads (like Gigapan, Rodeon, Pixorb, Merlin)
- Flash export with edition of hotspots and lens flare, in collaboration with KRPano, and collaboration to enhance KRPano Flash panorama viewer. You will now be able to export VR panoramas, small size landscapes as well as gigapixel panoramas directly in Autopano in a Flash format.
Autopano software range will include 2 versions:
- Autopano Pro, our existing program, for casual users, amateur photographers, landscape photographers, etc. Unchanged price: 99 euros.
- Autopano Giga, for professional needs and big work flows. Price: 199 euros.
The exact feature list of each version will be provided on July 10th, 2008.
Our development plan:
- Alpha series (alpha means that all features are not implemented yet): July 10th, September, October.
- Beta series: October, November.
Release date of Autopano 2.0 is planned for December 2008.
The video introducing Autopano 2.0 will be available on this page very soon.